Harrisburg, PA â€“ Annual Convention â€“ August 16 â€“ 19, 2007.Â You should have seen this in Paraglide. The Golden Brigade will host a hospitality suite starting on Wednesday night in the William Penn Room on the 2nd floor.Â We will have a nice reception in the Penn Room starting at 6:30 PM on Thursday night with an open bar and hors dâ€™ourves so as to enjoy each otherâ€™s company and meet new friends. There is no charge for this â€“ just throw some money into the helmet or ammo can and weâ€™re good to go. There will be no dinner this year as we are trying to squirrel away some MPC for our 40th Anniversary Reunion â€“ see below. Check your Paraglide or our web site for more details.
Veteranâ€™s Day â€“ Washington, DC.Â While I donâ€™t have exact details at this time, it is anticipated that the 82nd Association will sponsor a number of events to honor our fallen heroes over a 3 day period.Â It is a great event that you wonâ€™t want to miss. Check your Paraglide.
40th Anniversary of the Golden Brigadeâ€™s Service in Vietnam â€“ Dallas, TX. April 4 & 5, 2008. We will only have one 40th Anniversary so mark your calendars and plan to be there.Â Some folks are planning to bring their families. I want to spend some time on this.Â MG Bolling, Bob Murrill, and Mike Hood are coordinating one of the most fantastic events that you will probably ever experience. For those who have never been to one of our events, it is a time to enjoy friendship, tell some lies and renew or make new friends.
The hotel is bending over backwards to accommodate us and I guarantee that you will not be disappointed!Â Plans are still in the works but hereâ€™s what it looks like:
- Hotel â€“ Dallas Forth Worth Hilton Executive Conference Center â€“ a beautiful, high class hotel. www.hiltondfwlakesecc.comÂ Rates â€“ Deluxe Rooms Around $95 per night + taxes
- Welcome Dinner â€“ Friday Night â€“ The Austin Ranch â€“ next to the hotel â€“ meet, greet, renew friendships and make new ones.
- Activities Available (Additional Cost) â€“ Spa, Golf, Horseback Riding etc.
- 82nd Chorus to perform â€“ dependent upon combat situation
- Hospitality Room
- Breakfast included
- Magnificent Gala Reunion Dinner â€“ Saturday Night â€“ Hotel Ballroom
- Shuttles to and from the Airport â€“ 10 minutes away
- Expected Registration Cost $50 to $60 per person â€“ but generous donations greatly accepted/needed to defray actual costs which will be much higher due to what will be provided to you.
- Plans are to finalize plans and get a reservation forms out to you in early Fall.Â We need to have an accurate count so donâ€™t be a slacker and wait till the last minute.
Save up your MPC and mark your calendars â€“ do it now!!
Lastly, if you havenâ€™t renewed your dues, do it now. Check the website for an application or give Rich a call on the horn for an application.Â We donâ€™t want to have to chase you down the Candy Stripe for a few bucks.
Hope to see you all soon.Â Letâ€™s make our 40th a time for you and your families to remember. Check the website frequently for updates.Â
Airborne, All the Way, God Bless Our Troopers and God Bless America!!!
Carl H. Bludau, Chapter Chairman
Richard F. Oâ€™Hare, Treasurer